verlets......for beginners.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/verlets......for beginners.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello. This topic is dedicated to all of those who said..."this is tooooooo hard!!!! I'm just going to GIVE UP!!!" I'll tell ya. I was on the verge of giving up. Inspired by all of the people who need/needed help... I've started working on a verlet tutorial. It has many parts to it. It starts of REALLY easy then works its way up to Intermediate, then Hard. I reacently just discovered the Verlet Integration Theory, but through hours of hard work, I have cracked the Verlet Integration Theory. I would like to thank all of the people on the blitz website that talked about verlets and gave examples. For without them, I wouldn't have made it this far.

As soon as I am done with a part of the tutorial, I will post it here, in a code box. "Why would you put it in a code box?" You might ask, well, I don't want to go through the process of uploading it. I don't know how. So here you go.

Part I:

Part II:

Matty(Posted 2008) [#2]
You could perhaps also put it in the code archives so that it doesn't get lost in the forum history over time...

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#3]
There's a tutorials section you could put this in.

Also, use a spell checker and perhaps include some diagrams so that people can visualise what our talking about.

plash(Posted 2008) [#4]
And you shouldn't explain everything in a codebox, keep the explanations out of the code and show snippets, when your done post some working code.

Knight #51(Posted 2008) [#5]
Good Idea. But I'm not actually explaining everything in the code. I just add code with my explanation. As for the spelling, I'm doing it in notepad.