WinBlitz3d version 1.1, dated 21/05/07??

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3d version 1.1, dated 21/05/07??

GrumpyOldMan(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi All

Going through my hard drive after a major PC collapse, I found a copy of WinBlitz3d 1.1 but when I started to play with it I could only get one of the examples to work, the Web Browser. The dll and decls files are dated 21/05/07. I checked the dll using Dllexp.exe and the .decls file and all the calls appear to be there but Blitz still seems to be identifying the calls to various functions as "User Lib function not found". This is a shame because the functions include such gems as WB3D_FakeFullScreen, WB3D_CreateHole, WB3D_HotKeyEvent and WB3D_AddGadgetLayoutSlot.

Does anybody know if this version of WinBlitz3d does work???

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Kev(Posted 2008) [#2]
GrumpyOldMan, I can confirm that beta v1.1 of winblitz3d does work. ensure your blitz3d is upto date. blitz3d update v198 or v199.

kev

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#3]
Sure it works.
I'm building a full editor at the moment, and calls like WB3D_FakeFullScreen are brilliant.
Hi Kev (waving from over here) one day it'll see the light of day, but with working full time....

Kev(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hey John long time since we spoke, Hows the editor coming along? same here busy with .php development. Hopefully i will have some time soon to work on a game.

kev

GrumpyOldMan(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hi Kev and John

I found out I had a copy of the old dll lurking in the bin folder :), don't you just love it when you have to go back to a very old backup :(.

I'm having fun and playing with it almost as we speak :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

_PJ_(Posted 2009) [#6]
Actually, I noticed the dll is missing from the download. Is this intentional?

The decls file .lib directive reads:

.lib "Blitz3D_GUI_DLL.DLL"

Also, within the examples, the .bb files under "WinBlitz3D_V1.0\examples\kev\MISC\" (and the subdirectories of)

have bad paths to the default "WB3DStyles.bb" file. they should be:

Include "../../../../WB3DStyles.bb"

not
Include "../../../WB3DStyles.bb"