load textures from internet

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/load textures from internet

augGa(Posted 2008) [#1]
Am working on getting b3d sdk working in a browser...
my HELLOWORLD app... put seperate pic on each face of cube... using LOADBRUSH (path)... have tried every variation of PATH from full URL (Http: etc) ... to having the images directily in the Dir the app (exe) was loaded from... (am using vb.net) ...
does anyone have an idea how to load textues/images into b3d from an internet addr ???
thanks

Warner(Posted 2008) [#2]
Maybe the images should be in the Iexplore temp dir ?

System4 Studios(Posted 2008) [#3]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=25

augGa(Posted 2008) [#4]
Thanks for the reply...
Looks pretty neat system4.. however I am not writing the code in
bb.. I am using the b3d SDK to write in vb.net and trying to get B3D running from WITHIN the IE Browser...
the reason I posted here was the SDK IS b3d.. and I am trying to paint an Image on each side of a cube using LOADBRUSH... however loadbrush (apparently) will ONLY READ FILES ON THE LOCAL FILE SYSTEM... no way to get around that.. therefore my Question is ...WITHIN B3D is there any way to get an image from the Internet into a B3D Texture/Brush directly..
I essentially did the same as you have done... read the file with HTTP requests saved it to a local file and then used LOADBRUSH to load the local file...
anyway... got it working... albeit a hack... so the below is B3D app stored on a internet web site running on my client within IE browser...
my life is complete... well maybe not....
thanks

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
There was a program to get b3d .exe's running inside a browser. But i assume th SDK would work a little different.