Need help with OSAKIT

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Need help with OSAKIT

Link(Posted 2008) [#1]
I started to ask how to do it on the previous topic"embed a blitz3d game onto a website using HTML", but got no real answer. ive been trying for a while now, and i just cant seem to get it to work. Can anyone tell me how to upload my .bb file onto a website using OSAKIT in simpler terms (if its possible)? I dont know if its the help file or just me, but its only been making it harder to understand.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#2]
you need to compile your project first. There is a full tutorial on how to use it in the help file document that comes with it.

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#3]
I emailed you and am waiting for your reply!

chi(Posted 2008) [#4]
1) compile your project, rename the .exe to anything you like (eg. "osatest.osa") and copy it to c:\

2) start osakit webpage generator

3) start c:\osatest.html ... thatīs all

cheers, chi

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks chi for your mini tutorial but one thing to note is to rename your compiled project to anything but .osa because .osa file are generated by the OSA Package Maker and they are treated in a special way!

chi(Posted 2008) [#6]
oh, didnt know... thanks for the info ;)

Link(Posted 2008) [#7]
i followed the tutorial, and whenever i open up the file, it doesnt do anything and wont close until i restart it.

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#8]
Link?

Link(Posted 2008) [#9]
http://ire.spruz.com/default.asp

Link(Posted 2008) [#10]
well, it doesnt freeze up on this, but when you load the html document it freezes the window. i took the html from the html document and added it to a code box on the site

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#11]
"FileToDownload" value="C:\osa-New Compressed (zipped) Folder.osa">

This should not be the path at your local drive!!!!

ALso the .OSA file should be the same as the folder you zipped/game exe!

Link(Posted 2008) [#12]
?!?!? oh, lol. lemme fix it.

Link(Posted 2008) [#13]
i did everything you said, but the game still isnt loading

Link(Posted 2008) [#14]
okay im seriously close now. The program works only when i open "osatest.bb" not "osatest.osa". whenever i stop the blitz3d version, the osa version stops, also. whats going on?

i try to run it, and it says error writing the file (probrably because its in a zipped fille), but then when i click ok, nothing happens on Blitz3d, but the html version (offline) starts playing....

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#15]
try your link http://ire.spruz.com/user/198324/osatest.osa
the file is not found!!!

Link(Posted 2008) [#16]
oooooh cool txs ill check it

Link(Posted 2008) [#17]
nope...still nothin