embed a blitz3d game onto a website using HTML

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/embed a blitz3d game onto a website using HTML

Link(Posted 2008) [#1]
is there a way?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
IGLoader

Link(Posted 2008) [#3]
any ways that dont cost like .5k?

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#4]
This is from the forums from Tim Fisher...

When you sign up for the free trial you get a full license for 14 days, after the 14 day period the license will become a free license.

A free license does not give you access to the advanced patching or branding tools and does not allow you to change the loading screen image. In addition the loading screen has an advertisement - the adverts fund our costs.

I hope this helps.

Tim.

I think $600 is way out of line seeing how it started out at $60, but if your willing to put up with not being able to change the loading screen, or adding patching capabilities, the free license is a nice option. Who knows, I guess if I was capable of writing something like this maybe I would charge a good amount too, hehehehe!

Thanks for the link GFK, I had no idea this even existed.

Link(Posted 2008) [#5]
thanks, ill look for the trial

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#6]
www.osakit.com

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks for the tip about osakit - amazing! And just $14.99.
Mark's castle demo embedded in a webpage proves that it can be done.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#8]
Yes, I have also written a Blitz Lib for OSAKit to handle the professional versions comunication a little better, message queing etc. I will see if its ok release it.

I have been using it at work for a month now and its excellent, really good communication with the developer about issues I have had, (most of which involve me not reading the docs properly :) )

chi(Posted 2008) [#9]
you can also use Grasshopper Web plugin for free

Link(Posted 2008) [#10]
can you show me how to use osakit?

Link(Posted 2008) [#11]
or any other ones at that, becuase i can't figure out how to use any of them.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#12]
Grasshopper:"There are some problems with the current implementation, mainly that it searches for a hard-coded "plugins" directory to store and run a program."

Shame.

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#13]
IreTheOnlineGame : just download the trail version and read the documentation it is as easy as 123!

Link(Posted 2008) [#14]
I seriously need some help; ive been tinkering with it and went through the instructions like a hundred times, but it just isnt working! maybe you know what i did wrong..
1.) i made the package
2.) i uploaded the new compressed zip file thing to the site
3.) i uploaded the player and all that
4.) added the HTML

Sphinx(Posted 2008) [#15]
it looks like a step is missing, after making the zip file you need to use the OSA Package Maker to generate the .osa file and that's the file you need to upload to your site.

I replied to your email too.