BlitzBasic3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/BlitzBasic3D

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#1]
when is on last of 1.xx will there be a upgrade to Blitz3D or a new product which is better than Blitz3D?

current version if Blitzbasic3D is 1.8.3 Trail Version

Rob Farley(Posted 2008) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=1&log=1043

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#3]
current version of Blitz3D is 1.9.9, in your account tab

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#4]
i have only licence for BlitzMax and BlitzPlus

i may as well improve to Blitz3D when more like Turbo C++.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#5]
lol...........then buy one of them?

Andrew Mann2(Posted 2008) [#6]
Can BR (BlitzResearch) add more commands to BRL (BlitzResearchLanguade)?. Not the program Liberty Basic But A3. (but unable to find the other programs which the creator of Libery Basic Created and i unable to find A3 to i assume Libery Basic is only creating Liberty Basic.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#7]
Andrew, I don't really understand what your saying. Liberty Basic doesn't have a 3D engine, yet your saying it has more features than Blitz3D?

IcyDefiance(Posted 2008) [#8]
Andrew, I don't really understand what your saying. Liberty Basic doesn't have a 3D engine, yet your saying it has more features than Blitz3D?

In a way, it does. Liberty Basic focuses on creating software with the buttons, textboxes, etc. Say, Paint, or some business program. On the other hand, Blitz3D focuses on creating games.

They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#9]
like blitz+ ?

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#10]
I've always thought Buttons and textboxes were easy, Infact I made a simple lib the third day of programming in B3d that did both, and alot more.

Blitz3d doesnt really "focus" on creating games, it just is mainly used for that, it can do lots of stuff.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#11]
Its still worth buying blitz3D anyway, as its a great game programming language which an produce astounding results and has several years of life left in it.

Max3D is on its way too, so if you own max already youre halfway there (it will be like b3d on steroids if the worklogs are anything to go by). In the meantime using Blitz3D will give you a good headstart with it when it is released. (it may even be wrappable as a b3d userlib eventually anyway)