Uv mapping how it works in blitz3d?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Uv mapping how it works in blitz3d?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
Do you know how it works?
I 'll try to explain my "experiment", i create a landscape with 3dsmax and textured it, i use some special material that will not exported in b3d files (like noise).. But if i'll create a texture map of the whole landscape and save it as image files (jpg or bmp i dunno) in what way can i load it from blitz3d?
I mean i already set uv cordinator in the mesh using 3dsmax what way can i set the texture to the mesh? Just loadtexture/entitytexture?
I haven't tried yet do you think there is a possibility to do it?

Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
You should just be able to use Loadtexture, to load that texture in, then EntityTexture, as you say.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#3]
Perfect..
Thanks
Aza

Bobysait(Posted 2008) [#4]
If your 3dsmax model has multiple materials, you 'll prefer use Brushtexture on the surfaces rather than EntityTexture

+> use a function like this
function Materialtexture(IdSurface,Texture,Frame%=0,Layer%=0)
s=getsurface(Model,Id)
b=gettexturebrush(s)
BrushTexture(b,Tex,Frame,Layer)
paintsurface(s,b)
freebrush b
end function

And take care with the material ids, there are not always the sames as in 3dsmax.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks but..
Can you explain me why i took a texture of a surface to a brush with "b=gettexturebrush(s)" if i set a texture to it later with "BrushTexture(b,Tex,Frame,Layer)", i mean i don't understan why i need to receive the texture in the brush if later i overwrite it with another tex.
My second problem is i use some special material in 3dsmax and it will NOT exported in b3d format (because its on directx9), i want create a texture in 3dsmax and aplly the texture to the mesh in b3d (in this way i don't have to export the material but just apply an already exported image).
Do you think it will working?
This afternoon i'll try it.

Aza

Bobysait(Posted 2008) [#6]
in the function, it's missing :
if b<>0

You'll have to use it to check if the brush already exists.
When you load a mesh/AnimMesh, there are internal brushes, and the surface may contain a brush, that has no texture.
You'd better use this brush rather than create a new one => when you apply "EntityTexture", it performs a brush to all the surfaces of the mesh.

You sometimes do not need that. => Sometimes you have a mesh containing multiple ssurface, and each have its special texture. In this case, you have to use different brushes .

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#7]
Now this make sense, thanks for the advice i'll try this afternoon and the day after tomorrow i'll post my result..

Thanks
Aza