Physx

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Physx

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#1]
Are there any decent wrappers for this for B3D that support hardware acceleration? now that nVidia have started to release support for running it on their newer GPUs (leaked drviers for G92 onwards just came out) it would be nice to be able to use it in B3D.

Tab(Posted 2008) [#2]
http://rubux.ipsys.net/

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#3]
Last time I checked they only used software not hardware accelerated physx...

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#4]
The Xors3d on this site looks like an early version of FastImage etc.

Can Mixhail confirm this?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
FastImage is incorporated in to Xord3D..

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hey Naughty, is there any advantage to using Xors3d instead of the Fast libraries?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#7]
well..Xors3D is Dx9 based renderer for Blitz3D, Bmax and Purebasicif I can remember correctly..they use to stop their development 2-3 months ago and now they continue development again..you can download Xors3D, demo version and see for yourself..quite nice actually :)

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#8]
Xors3d seems to be quite nice and easy to integrate - if they finish up a final version soonish I might consider using it.

LamptonWorm(Posted 2008) [#9]
That page now looks dodgy, symantec blocked it from me so watch out (?), ta.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#10]
Rroff,

Hardware phsyx cards are supported if you read the notes on the site.

IPete2.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2008) [#11]
physyx is obsolete and bought out. The new owners have no intention of using it except for the patents. it will die out due to being really hard to develop with compared to say havok or newton.

Rroff(Posted 2008) [#12]
The new owners (nVidia) have ported it to run on their GPUs, released drivers to do this and opened up the SDK to developers including other GPU manufacturers - so I don't think its obsolete... its also used (usually software mode for simple physics objects and particles) in 1 in 3 of the major titles released in the last 6-9 months.