Hunted Blitz3d source code (no media)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Hunted Blitz3d source code (no media)

*(Posted 2008) [#1]
Well as promised when the BlitzMax version of Hunted got to a specific point I would release the Blitz3d source code, well here it is. For those that dont know Hunted is a 3d first person shooter that used the EFPS (EdzUp First Person Shooter) engine and this is the source code to it.

NOTE: this does not contain media (sorry puki) so you will have to work that bit out. The source is released as is and I cannot provide loads of assistance with this code (its complete up to the last build of the source code and you could make a FPS game with it (just never got round to completing all the levels for the old version). Its got comments but may be tricky for some to understand but hopefully it will be useful to someone :). Its also probably got bugs but is still released as is without warranty :)

CREDIT: If you use any part of this source please credit me in the credits for your game thats all I ask (not much really is it?) :)

You can download it from here

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#2]
Interesting and generous.

Thank you.

puki(Posted 2008) [#3]
No doubt he will e-mail the media (or a link to it) to me and ask me to keep it quiet.

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#4]
While it is generous, it's doubtful that anyone with a sound mind could be arsed getting together all the required media just to see it running, let alone if it's any good.

As you can't post an exe, how about at least a video of it in action?

puki(Posted 2008) [#5]
I think it will also need additional Libs to run.

*(Posted 2008) [#6]

puki(Posted 2008) [#7]
I have that picture.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2008) [#8]
@EdzUp: In Hunted.bb, there is a line of code:
include "bones.bb"

Where could we get this file?

Thanks in advance
:)

*(Posted 2008) [#9]
This is TeraBit's data packing system its available from http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=30

The sSwift shadow system and BlitzPlayPro are available to purchase from third parties (Namely sswift and Surreal (who has disappeared) ).

I have released the source code as I want to 'recode' the entire project in BlitzMax with Minib3d as I think the multiplatform capabilities of Max/Minib3d would allow for a wider audience (also allow me to play with a 100% 3d game :) ).

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2008) [#10]
The perspective should not enough(?) Oo

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#11]
server not found on the packer.

*(Posted 2008) [#12]
downloads fine here size is 722Kb :)