Trouble with startnetgame

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Trouble with startnetgame

LedgerARC(Posted 2008) [#1]
I'm sort of new to Blitz, I was working on my first network multiplayer game. I can't really figure out how to make a proper netgame. When I try to join one over the internet, it says it can't join. A simple code showing a network game on two computers would be great.

Warner(Posted 2008) [#2]
Try this search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=nl&q=startnetgame+site%3Ablitzbasic.com&btnG=Google+zoeken&meta=

LedgerARC(Posted 2008) [#3]
Now I can see the other game on the computer, so that brought me half-way there, but the problem with this is that I can see the game on the other computer, but when I click on it it says "cannot join multi player game" or soemthing like that. it doesn't even matter that I use the same game. any one with a startnet game command will show the other game and give the same problem. Even when I try to give specific things to do when hosting or joining a game.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#4]
Based on what I read on these forums, UDP Network is the way to go due to speed. THere are a few UDP examples in the code archives. I would suggest perusing those and use 1 as a base. Chop it down to the minimum required code to run a network, then add features as you need them. You can use Libraries, but in my experience if you dont really understand the UDP or TCP network and how to make a basic one, youll spend alot of time trying to understand the libraries and how to use them.