Alpha Texture Blending (Direct3D 9)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Alpha Texture Blending (Direct3D 9)

Wings(Posted 2008) [#1]
Ill read about the below dokumentation at MSDN.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172255(VS.85).aspx

Alpha Texture Blending (Direct3D 9)
The lighting engine combines material color, vertex color, and lighting information to generate a per-vertex color. Once interpolated, this generates a per-pixel color that is written to the frame buffer. If an application enables texture blending, the pixel color will become a combination of the current pixel in the frame buffer and a texture color.

This formula determines the final blended pixel color:

Color = TexelColor x SourceBlend + CurrentPixelColor x DestBlend

Question is there a way to enable this in blitz3d ? or was that option disabled in dx 7.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Look for FastLib extension, in the b3d userlibs part of this forum. That has ALOT of new blend modes for 3d.

Wings(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks Ross C

Its just one thing more i have to try.. (Befor go and runn to the library :)

Wings(Posted 2008) [#4]
heres a sweet Tutorials for terrains using c# hmm let have a close look.

http://www.riemers.net/eng/Tutorials/XNA/Csharp/series4.php

Wings(Posted 2008) [#5]
I looked at the turorials of these XNA.. I found out that theses pics also seam to lack of Shade :D

anyway XNA 2.0 is the devlopment kitt for DirectX games.

So if i want to go to C# i wold use XNA. but i am coding in blitz3d so i stick to b3d. well i give upp now.. I go coding some bad B3d code.. i know there will be blood and death before tha Vertex Alpha errors.. i just cant fumble more.. time to code one with the tiberion.

Thanks every one for the support.

Regards Daniel Eriksson.

DS. I put a smal wiki about XNA at the end..
------- Wiki XNA.-------

Microsoft XNA ("XNA's Not Acronymed"[1]) is a set of tools, complete with a managed runtime environment, provided by Microsoft, that facilitates computer game design, development, and management. XNA does this by freeing game designers from writing "repetitive boilerplate code", [2] and brings all aspects of game production into a single system. [3] The XNA toolset was announced March 24, 2004, at the Game Developers Conference in San Jose, California. A first Community Technology Preview of XNA Build was released on March 14, 2006. XNA Game Studio 2.0 was released in December of 2007.

At GDC 2008, Microsoft announced plans on enabling a community publishing pipeline for the Xbox 360 and Zune in the next version of XNA, version 3.0.[4]

Wings(Posted 2009) [#6]
Hey Ross C

i think you right

(I cant belive i written the first poste.. so advanced :)