Game Ideas?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Game Ideas?

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#1]
hi guys

I've had blitz for just under a year now and still haven't made a complete game. i really want to make a game but i have zero creativity. does anyone have any ideas for an absolutely random game in which there is no realism. i don't want to care about graphics and real effects. i just want to make something that really looks FAKE. to harness the fact that anything can be accomplished in a virtual world. any ideas?

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#2]
well you could take the comets idea i had and turn it into a game based on getting the most points from destroying the most buildings with limited uses of the comets and other forces of nature. i'm quite creative, we should team up.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#3]
sounds good. we should team up. i can code and so can you, plus, you have an imagination. if you want we could develop a game of some sort together

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#4]
ok, send me an email

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#5]
about what?

Santiworld(Posted 2008) [#6]
:)...

i start with blitz, 2 o 3 mounth ago...

in my test to make my own simple car physics... i make many diferents cars, 3d, and physics...

one, the car, realy crazy, jump and bounce all time...
nothing realistic.. but with my friends play with that cars, hours trying to drive it... realy funny... no realistic... very stupid, but funny...

i not happy with that car physics, but, all people says, that crazy car is funny to play...

maibe you try to hard to think something like you see... in the real world... but like the rocket house.. maibe that is a good example to do something crazy and no realistic... houses races, how knows....

pacman, missile command and all very olds games are a good example...

and to make anithing, start is easy.. :), start the game in a paper.. make fast graphics in a paper, and try to imagine what go to have your game, to make the people want to playit...

i thing one year is necesary to practice, and learn blitz... next, we need to learn how make good games..

sorry my english.... :)..

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2008) [#7]
thnx for the advice latatoy, the sad thing for me is that i BOUGHT b3d a year ago, i had plenty of practice with the demo....dont laugh :D

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#8]
I bought Blitz3D about 4 years ago. Still learning new stuff, not about the language, about creating games, and techniques and stuff.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#9]
I was at a car boot sale yesterday. And some one was selling a box of old Amsoft games for the Amstrad CPC. I just looked through them thing "these would all be great one man projects for Blitz3D". So maybe you could try looking up old home computers, seeing what games were on them and copying some of them? Maybe add a few new features, change the levels around and obviously call it something else and you've got a whole new game you've developed all by yourself.