not a mesh error

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/not a mesh error

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#1]
i have put alot of work into making this program and so far it works mostly, i get one annoying error 30-40% of the time. i have 3 objects with collisions applied to it the are the comets, the buildings and the ground. i have the code setup to take the building that the comet colided with and shatter it then delete it. it errors out at the part where i feed it the building mesh. it should only be feeding it a mesh. heres the link to the .zip http://www.savefile.com/files/1482872 you need to scroll down on the page to see the download button

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#2]
the keys are: w,a,s,d to move lateraly in their respective directions and the arrow keys to rotate around the curser and the up and down keys zoom in and out. and enter to start a meteor shower

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#3]
You can check whether an entity is a mesh by using entityclass( building ). If the root node of the building is just a pivot with the main mesh attached then you cannot perform mesh commands on it ... alpha, color etc... which is generally the reason for this error.

Stevie