Calling Blitz Function

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Calling Blitz Function

Nack(Posted 2008) [#1]
I duno if this been asked before or no. But I cant seem to find it in the forum. So wonder if anyone have an answer.

I want to use C++ to call blitz3D Function. Is there anyway to write a DLL that call blitz3D Functions? I am using VC++ btw.

Nack

big10p(Posted 2008) [#2]
Buy the Blitz3D SDK.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#3]
Can't be done, you can call a function in a dll from b3d but not the other way around. Therefore to call a b3d function you need the b3d sdk ie. dll, as big10p says.

H. T. U.(Posted 2008) [#4]
Blitz is completely incompatible with almost all other languages. It's like exporting a 3ds file and trying to load it in x format. Commands, syntax, and procedures are all very different. You will find that writing just a few lines of 3D code in Blitz compiles into megabytes of data in an exe file.

My only idea is to make the function an executable and then call it (havn't tried it though, bound to have some problems). Other than that, listen to big10p.

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2008) [#5]
Now I don't want to annoy anyone by saying this, seeing as I don't have the B3D SDK, but I have heard that there are some bugs with it.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#6]
Don't let that put you off, the bugs in the sdk are minor and they are being fixed. You could write a game and never come across one of them.