Packing DLL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Packing DLL

Nack(Posted 2008) [#1]
I was seraching around and cant seem to find if it is possible to pack the dll into exe. I know media can be encrypted but I cant seem to find one for DLL. Any ideas?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
www.molebox.com

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#3]
1. Molebox Pro would be needed
2. Depending on the DLL it will not work (OpenAL is known to not work, others as well)

What is the reason that you want to hide a DLL that makes the whole exe larger for updates even when the DLL does not change? (what you intend to do totally breaks the idea of DLLs which are meant to life independent of the app using them)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
..so far I never had problems with packing DLL's with Molebox Pro..

Nack(Posted 2008) [#5]
Oh molebox, ill take a look at it. thanks all

What is the reason that you want to hide a DLL that makes the whole exe larger for updates even when the DLL does not change? (what you intend to do totally breaks the idea of DLLs which are meant to life independent of the app using them)
I am just thinking if I use some dll (like ngc etc), i dun think it would be ok to just release something with the dll along with it. Unless I am mistaken, this isnt allowed rite? Hence i am tyring to pack it with the exe.

Armor Nick(Posted 2008) [#6]
I think dll's are made to be released :s
(Unless you're talking abut commercial dlls, which you shouldn't be using anyway).