Gizmo

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Gizmo

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
There is a way to use a 3dsmax gizmo in blitz3d?

smilertoo(Posted 2008) [#2]
eh?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#3]
Eh What?
In 3dsmax there are some special effects called gizmo, i want use it in blitz3d too, there is a way to do it or not?

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#4]
can you show us what a 'gizmo' is? if you mean the little handles what you use to move objects around then you can do it, if you program them, or get someone elses code.

smilertoo(Posted 2008) [#5]
yes theres a way to do it if you can work out how to program it. Theres no way to just use 3dsmax's gizmos though.

N(Posted 2008) [#6]
You could write code to handle a gizmo like that, yes, but I don't think anyone wants to do it for you considering you were rather rude in response.

lo-tekk(Posted 2008) [#7]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gizmo is a placeholder name for any small technological item. Other similar names are gadget, widget, thingamajig, blobject, etc.. In general, a Gizmo is completely useless in practical terms.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#8]
Its also the name of a gremlin.

z4g0(Posted 2008) [#9]
humm.. that?http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=75102

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#10]
Thanks to all, i don't want be rude.. My english is not perfect and i am sorry..
I created a special effect with the gizmo, it's a flame, i tried to export with pipeline and when i use it in my code nothing appear...
I don't know if is possible to use it in blitz3d.
Do you think there is a way to do it?
Aza

smilertoo(Posted 2008) [#11]
All you can export with pipeline is meshes and textures, and maybe some lights...you cant export any modifiers or particle systems.

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#12]
Its also the name of a gremlin.

Actually, Gizmo's the name of a Mogwai. He never changes into a gremlin.

...well someone had to correct you. It's the internet. :o)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#13]
I'll be sure to dig this thread up in two years time with "Oh yeah, I agree".

Its the internet. :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#14]
Necro FTW!