Blitz3D and Vista

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz3D and Vista

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2008) [#1]
I just recently purchased a tablet laptop with Vista the other day. Unfortunately, all my blitz3D files are on my desktop at home, and I won't be able to get to them for two or three weeks now.

As before, when I purchased a tablet laptop, I had trouble getting Blitz3d .exes to run properly. Programmers in the past hasve told me that this is due to the pen features present in the tablet pcs. and that blitz3d and the software (yes it has a name, but I forget what it is called.) conflickswith each other, and thusly prevents Blitz3d programs from running.

My question is this. Does Vista fix this problem or not?

CodeOrc(Posted 2008) [#2]
fix = ;
step #1 un-install Vista
step #2 install win-xp pro

j/k

sorry for my sarcasm but Vista is an OS full of issues.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#3]
sorry for my sarcasm but Vista is an OS full of issues.

No, it isn't. It's an OS subject to lot of people who know nothing about it talking a load of rot about it.

ix = ;
step #1 un-install Vista
step #2 install win-xp pro

Case in point. If you'd even read the question before posting your "joke" solution, you would have spotted that the problem occurs in XP. The question was whether Vista fixes a bug in XP.

My question is this. Does Vista fix this problem or not?

I don't have a tablet PC, so I don't know if it fixes the problem or not. I am familiar with the issue though. If I recall correctly, you have to disable "advanced text services". Again, I don't have a tablet PC, so I'm not sure how you do that, but I'm pretty certain that's the feature you're looking for.

Floyd(Posted 2008) [#4]
On a more serious note, the question is does Vista fix the tablet vs. Blitz3D conflict.

I would be surprised if it does, but have no direct knowledge.
The trouble here is that so few people have tablet PC + Vista + Blitz3D. It may take while to get an authoritative answer.

LiamShearer(Posted 2008) [#5]
I woudn't see why it would have a conflict.

It *should* work properly on Vista regardless of the kind of PC...

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#6]
I hate it when Vista tells me I don't have permission to access my own computer. The nerve...

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#7]
...doggie, any idea how to turn that off?? lol it's been driving me nuts (3 cheers for the guy who made the IHATEVISTA panic button gadget for the desktop)

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#8]
There is no tablet vs blitz3d problem.
Open the application properties, disable advanced text services and it will run (my tablet is XP Tablet 2005). This holds for Blitz3D and BlitzPlus (blitzmax does not need it)

H. T. U.(Posted 2008) [#9]
I have never even used a tablet PC, but I am all too familliar with problems resulting from transferring Blitz to laptops. I've done it twice, and both times severe complications resulted. The first time I could run the initial code, but even adding an extra space prevented compileing. The second time Blitz worked OK, but all the programs I transferred with it were months old versions. Both computers were XP. Microsoft does tend to release new sofware with a few buggs in it though. Vista is truely no exception.

LiamShearer(Posted 2008) [#10]
If you want to remove the UAC (User Account Control), the annoying pop up that comes up every time you do anything, go into User Accounts, choose your account and Click "Disable User Account Control" or "User Account Control", one of those, and restart your PC and it will be gone :)