AcceptTCPStream() does return zero!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/AcceptTCPStream() does return zero!

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#1]
hi!

from this code archive entry: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2117
i tried the server example. i runned and modifyed it a bit and suddenly the command AcceptTCPStream() always returned zero. i started the original program again and it just didnt work. i set the port to be randomized and that didnt work, too. CreateTCPServer() always returned somethin:(

Ked(Posted 2008) [#2]
If it returned zero then no new connections were made.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#3]
you mean, that the server isnt opened? CreateTCPServer() returns a good value, so what's wrong?
btw: it worked a certain time and then suddenly stoppen without any code change. when i execute the code from the code archives it wont work since then :(

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#4]
hm. i dont know if that was my problem the first time, but it seems that as soon as a client connected and sends a message, it works. i think that was the problem!
thank you for your help and if i need help, i might bother you again :)

Ked(Posted 2008) [#5]
you mean, that the server isnt opened?

No.

but it seems that as soon as a client connected and sends a message, it works.

Thats what I said. (Except that a client doesn't have to connect and send a message for it to work. It can just connect and AcceptTCPStream will return a value.)

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#6]
i discovered that if acceptTCPstream() > 0 then a client joined. i have to save that tcp stream till the client leaves.

i finaly understood:)