Devil Gui Tutorials?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Devil Gui Tutorials?

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi there,

Any one got any tutorials for using Devil's Gui please? I have figured out a few things, but its slow going.

I mainly need to see what buttons, checkboxes gadgets etc are doing...

There's not enough on the forums to help that much... :(

IPete2.

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hey IPete!
Anyway i can get my hands on:
?

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#3]
lol!

not really - sorry - er, hold on, which bit did you want?

I can tell you it was buit using Cartography Shop 3.x textured using some fine textures which were avaialble at the time and the red/blue 3d stuff was generated real-time using an nVidia driver. Oh it was programmed using B3d and Leadwerks Singularity Engine.

IPete2.

Trader3564(Posted 2008) [#4]
The code that creates the 3DGlass layer. I could make all my games then work with 3D glasses :D
I copied this one, http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=2008 but it isn't that good.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#5]
there aren't any tutorials.
If you've every worked with any gui system, those names already are self explaining as what they do etc for example.

the alternative is to build a little "put all gadgets in" testsample or check out the stuff that comes with it.

Its really simple to use actually and for a basic idea, the blitzplus documentation for example gives you an idea.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#6]
Dreamora,

Thanks for replying. The problem is I have no idea how to get information out of the buttons or checkboxes, the sample which comes with it does not help much I'm afraid.

Some one must be using this gui its great ! I just would like a little help to return values from buttons, checkboxes.

IPete2.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#7]
It works very similar as BlitzUI does on that end.

GUI_Message is used for setting and getting. check out the function in devilgui.bb to see the possible actions that you could send to a gui element.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#8]
Thanks again Dreamora,

Yes, I have checked out the .bb - I am now checking out Sprite Candy Gui - which has full docs so I don't have to waste too much time looking for answers, however simple, although it doesn't work in full screen mode - ah well.

IPete2.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#9]
hu???

Sprite Candys GUI is 3D based, so it works in fullscreen and windowed ...

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#10]
Wahh Waaah!

See it's a good job I make stupid comments like that so people can point them out and I can correct my mistakes!

Ooops - sorry of course Sprite Candy Gui works in full screen, I just have to make my own cursor work on a hud layerof its own (is what I meant to comment about)

Ahem - Sorry Mike!

IPete2.

bytecode77(Posted 2008) [#11]
whoops, i didnt see this thread: i wasnt here for a long time...
about tutorials: nope, there are no, but as dreamora said, it is as every other gui and self explaining as well.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#12]
Devil - well I'm afraid that isn't much help at all - :(

Anyway - I have had to move on to the Sprite Candy Gui, which so far does everything I need and I already own it so that's fine too.

If you take a look at your own forum, you'll see I'm not the only one who has had some difficulty getting much out of your Gui due to lack of docs - and this...

but as dreamora said, it is as every other gui and self explaining as well.

is not a valid reason not to be helpful and provide some docs about even the most basic of questions !

Don't get me wrong, your work is much appreciated and rightly so - you have given a lot to this community. I just, sadly, don't have the time these days to mess about and discover how to do stuff like I used to, but in a commercial environment that's only to be expected I suppose. It is a shame really cause your work might be better featured and credited in mine if it were better documented.

IPete2.