Delta Timing need help

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Delta Timing need help

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have this code from Sprite Candy that includes delta timing but I am having trouble understanding it and taking out just the parts I need to use it in my own game.

Here`s the code, I hope the author won`t mind as it is freely availble from his site.

Hopefully someone can explain to me what I need to use from this at a minimum to get it working in my code, also a little explaination would be most welcome. Here`s the code...

Thanks for any help.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2008) [#2]
Looks like a lot of work you want us to do for you. I can explain you delta, but I won't do manual work for you, no offense. And it's also a fact that delta has been explained several times already, right here. Check out "Search".

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#3]
I see what you are saying and have read several topics on here without any success. Please don`t get me wrong, I didn`t want anyone to do my work for me I really just wanted someone to explain what the last function was doing with regards to the delta_last part.

If anyone could simply comment the last function for me it would be a great help.

I just included the rest of the code for a better general idea of what the program is doing elsewhere.

Please don`t think that I am lazy just because I need a little advice. I have tried to figure things out on my own but have failed.

Jason.

semar(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hi Jason,
I would suggest you to ask Mike Dogan - the creator of SpriteCandy - he usually answers quite fast.

Sergio.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks, will do.

Jason.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#6]
I asked Mike and he was very helpful. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend his excellent products to anyone as he has great after sales support too.

Jason.