Controling Processes

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Controling Processes

mk2y10(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello, I need to know if there is a dll that will alow me to get running proccesses, return their name and pid, and tell if the procces has a window curently active on the screen. I have Windows XP

The main reason is because a virus recently hit my registry and has cause Explorer to run very slow, and freeze every onec in a while. So I am being forced to create a substitute for it.

Thanx :)

Subirenihil(Posted 2008) [#2]
Get FireFox, its an awesome free browser, I use it because its nicer than IE.

Also, Ad-Aware and Clamwin are free powerful anti-spyware and anti-virus respectively.

Update your computer drivers, programs and especially Windows. Over 85% of all known malicious software (viruses, adware, trojans, etc.) take advantage of a bug that was fixed in an earlier patch. And don't use Norton for your antivirus, it is a major system hog, if you use it you wont be able to run anything decently for as long as you have it. And if you already have Norton, be warned they make it a pain to uninstall it (it takes 50 times as long as it should).

puki(Posted 2008) [#3]
If you want to view processes, and know what they are, then Win Patrol is a great lightweight app.

http://www.winpatrol.com/