CopyEntity/CopyMesh mess

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/CopyEntity/CopyMesh mess

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
..I have whole set of weird problems with setting up physics over my level geometry..I crack up my mind in order to figure out whats wrong with physics im setting up, and recently i discover that actually physics wrapper has nothing to do with actual problem, so here it is..after i access/get handle from my multiobject level with FindChild or GetChild(really doesnt matter regarding issue i saw), and then do CopyMesh over taken child, new created mesh handle is not in same position as original one, and second, new created mesh is at least 10 times bigger than origin that particular new mesh handle came from...if i use CopyEntity(taken-Child) its producing properly positioned copy with identical size as origin...point is..I need mesh handle in order to set up physics...so whats wrong with CopyMesh(Taken_Child) command?? Why generated mesh is sooo much bigger and out of position from original?? this really driving me crazy...any help is apprechiated..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..I just forgot to mention that whole level is properly exported from giles and i didnt rescale level or any part of it in Giles or in runtime at all...it is as it is from moment of creation in modeling tool...

Sledge(Posted 2008) [#3]
Have you tried the alternative method from the docs? (ie AddMesh)
CopyMesh is identical to performing new_mesh=CreateMesh() : AddMesh mesh,new_mesh

Or you could treat the original as a template, copymesh it twice then use the first copy as if it were the first version (freeing the template) and the second copy as if it were the only copy, if you follow. You'd at least have parity where the size and position of your two meshes is concerned.