B3d Pipeline v0.8

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3d Pipeline v0.8

Pudding(Posted 2007) [#1]
- Recompiled B3d Exporter for Max 9 (Theoretically should work with Max 2008, but untested...)
- Recompiled B3d Viewer with Blitz v1.99 (Supports DDS textures)

Added a PayPal Donate button to the B3d Pipeline home page - now you can put your money where your mouth is! ;)

Seriously though, B3d Pipeline represents a lot of work, and I would love to find a way to financially subsidize the continued development of these kinds of tools.

Happy Holidays!
- (Christmas) Pudding

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#2]
..yeah baby...im going to donate man...this is great :)

Big&(Posted 2007) [#3]
Nice little Xmas prezzy!

Used this that many times it feels wrong not to ;)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
My grief - you are a true Gent sire!

Thanks -

IPete2.

stayne(Posted 2007) [#5]
Booyah!!!!!!! Thanks :)

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thank you very much!
I'll to donate.

Thanks!

all the best!,

OJay(Posted 2007) [#7]
donation done. welcome back! ;)

are you open to feature requests? :)

@rtur(Posted 2007) [#8]
Wow! Thanks!

@rtur(Posted 2007) [#9]
I can't donate to PayPal. :(
Can you please setup donations with Plimus, RegNow, ShareIt or any other payment processor that support credit card payments for us, ukrainian and russian blitz developers :)

Pudding(Posted 2008) [#10]
By all means, send feature requests. However my immediate next steps are to make what's already there easier to understand:

- Start a FAQ to address common problems (e.g. my model animates in the B3d Viewer but not in game; textures don't show up in game...). The rtf shown in the export dialog was originally designed to address these kinds of issues, but it needs better definitions of core concepts (e.g. Scene Root) and more detailed step-by-step examples of common scenarios (e.g. exporting a character model and compatible animations). I might look into a wiki for this so that the community can help maintain it...

- Clean up and release the source code to the B3d Viewer. This should help people use the B3d Extensions in their own projects, or adapt the viewer to their needs.

Thanks to everyone who has donated! It will keep me in tangerines (and the scurvy at bay) through the long New England winter!

(I'll look into Plimus etc.)

- Pudding

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#11]
Immediate steps, you say?