B3D Pipeline

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D Pipeline

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2007) [#1]
Can somebody explain what the b3d pipeline thing is.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#2]
It's a plugin for 3ds max, to export to b3d file format.

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2007) [#3]
That is what I thought, thanks.

Azaratur(Posted 2007) [#4]
It's work only for max 6 or less.
I search for many days a plugin for max 9 but still nothing!

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#5]
It actually works up to max8.
Its a shame it was discontinued without the source being made available, it was easily the best pipeline for making b3d's.

stayne(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yup, works in max8 nicely.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#7]
oh no it's discontinued? That's annoying, but there's another solution that is almost as good (for animated characters anyway.) Ultimate Unwrap has a plugin for 3ds max, so you can export your models to Ultimate Unwrap and then save to b3d from there. I've been doing this with Maya.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#8]
jhocking, is that confirmed with max9?

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#9]
Well that depends what you mean by "confirmed." On the one hand, I don't have first hand experience using the plugin for 3ds max, so in that sense it isn't confirmed. On the other hand, there is an import/export plugin specifically designed for 3ds max 9:
http://www.unwrap3d.com/downloads.aspx

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#10]
jhocking: will unwrap 3d export fully soft skinned/textured skeletal animated meshes with multiple anim clips from maya that work in b3d without extra work?

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#11]
I don't know what you mean by extra work, but yes to everything else. Note that multiple anim clips are done by simply animating everything in a row and then splitting apart the individual animations in code.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#12]
Is Unwrap 3d a buy once and get the new versions free thing? or do you need to buy each revision?

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#13]
Buy once, it's well worth it. It can import/export virtually every file format under the sun, including b3d.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#14]
Bleh, I ordered it over an hour ago and still no email from them.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#15]
Yeah UU3D is sent from up above - it has saved me a lot of work quite a few times I can tell you!

IPete2.

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#16]
woot, now i have UU3D Pro 3.0

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#17]
I saw on forum that Pudding going to upgrade B3D pipeline for max9..but it will be also small donate button over there so i think everyone whos using it, should donate some money..