k-netlib issue

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/k-netlib issue

stayne(Posted 2007) [#1]
Before I toss up my code, is anyone here fluent with K-NetLib?

Blitz3dCoder(Posted 2007) [#2]
Nope, what is it (out of curiosity)

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#3]
K-NetLib is complete network library that will hook into any language able to call DLL's. Using advanced technologies, K-NetLib gives developers the ability to code both client/server and Peer-to-Peer games and applications.

Suited for beginning developers and advanced alike, K-NetLib provides a vast array of commands that are all easily accessible while being equally powerful.

You'll shave MONTHS off of your multiuser development cycle!

Features include
Client/Server and Peer-to-Peer support
Byte/Word/Long/Float/String/Array sends and receives
Group controls
Passive file transfers that allow your users to continue chatting/playing while the file transfer in the background
Built-in Bezier-Spline functionality to allow easy calculation of smooth lines for multiplayer games
Advanced error-handling routines to keep you informed during your development cycle
INI file commands to allow loading and saving of initialization strings for your K-NetLib application
Ban controls that allow one-time kicks, bans, and permanent bans stored in a file for your game
...and more!

Plus, Krylar's Kreations provides automatic K-NetLib wrappers for the following languages:
BlitzBasic
Delphi
PureBasic
Visual Basic

Online Help Page

K-NetLib download for Blitz3D

All other downloads and current support forums

I hope that helps.

_33(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks!

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
Not fluent at all, but since Krylar wrote it, I bet it's good.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#6]
Actually it was coded (primarily at least) by the guy who now runs the support forums for it - PJoe.

So at least if you ask a question there, you know you've got a good chance of getting the right answer from the right person. :o)

Stu_ovine(Posted 2007) [#7]
Personally Id steer clear, I used it for a few months until I came across problems. (packets getting lost etc) If you check out the website - it hasnt been supported for ages........

Id suggest RAKNET.