Problem with the new BufferDirty() command

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Problem with the new BufferDirty() command

Mr.Waterlily(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,
Iīve started to use the BufferDirty() command since it allows my fullscreen apps to minimize/alt-tab without losing the image in question.
Thats VERY nice!

But on some computers this doesnīt work at all, for some reason I canīt figure out. I run the exact same exe.

What could it be? Does the command require some feature of the graphics card perhaps?

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#2]
I have had problems with the newest nvidia driver and the createtexture flags (see bug section). So it is possible that the newest driver no longer take care to all the dx7 stuff :( (Maybe the end of Dx7 is near)

Mr.Waterlily(Posted 2007) [#3]
Sounds very bad... and perhaps thatīs it.
The machine that this works with uses an ATI card, the machine that doesnīt work, is an Nvidia card.

Iīll try to test this on more machines.

Would be nice to have this verified somehow.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#4]
On nvidia use the older 6.14.0010.xxxx generation, maybe nvidia will fix this later.

_33(Posted 2007) [#5]
They can't just drop support for older games and DX7 software.

Mr.Waterlily(Posted 2007) [#6]
Ok, Iīve tested this some more.

One machine with a FX5700 card:
- driver: 6.14.10.9371, work fine
- driver: 6.14.11.6375, the latest drivers and works fine
- driver: windows default, work fine

One machine with a Riva TNT2 card:
- driver: wierd version 7.1.8.9, doesnīt work
- driver: 6.14.10.6177, the latest drivers doesnīt work
- driver: windows default, work fine

So on the top machine it works regardless of the driver, even the latest so Nvidia canīt have removed whatīs needed for BufferDirty() atleast.
On the other machine it doesnīt work with Nvidias drivers at all. But with the Windows default drivers it work. Now this is an older card and older drivers, but something prevents it to work with Nvidia drivers.
And with works I mean the BufferDirty() command.

And then I have run my app with an ATI X1950 XTX and there it works flawless.