entity movement

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/entity movement

Eviltoes(Posted 2007) [#1]
How would you go about telling if an entity moved after you used a moveentity command. I am trying to make a simple jumping system, and I don't want to be able to jump in mid-air. I figure I should check to see if the entity jumping(the camera), moved down after my moveentity camera,0,-0.075,0
Or if it was held back by collisions. How would I do this, or is there a better way to do this?

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#2]
Take a look at the entitycollided -or- use linepick with entitydistance commands -or- if the surface is totally flat, simply save the Y value of the last loop and see if it has changed, if not then allow jump.

Eviltoes(Posted 2007) [#3]
I tried saving the Y value and testing for movement but that didn't work, no matter what, it kept thinking that it had changed. I tried linepick but I wasn't entirely sure how that worked, and I couldn't figure out how to use it properly. That entitycollided bit though seems like it would work, can't test it now but certainly will later.

Thanks!

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#4]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=20990

^ that code is rather nice... it has some problems with angles though, im sure someone can help you with it if you are having problems.

-Scott

Nexus6(Posted 2007) [#5]
Why dont you check for collisions and if collision = true (ie the player is on the ground)then the jump can be performed.