B3D and Windows Media Center OS?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/B3D and Windows Media Center OS?

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hiya,

Has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with Windows Media Center Operating System and Blitz 3D?

As my kiosk project draws to completion I had asked for XP Home yet the PC supplier has only been able to supply us with Windows Media Center OS, claiming it's really just XP with a few thrills tacked on. They say it will be fine, I am not sure and don't know what to expect... the game has been built and tested so far on a high powered PC running XP Home SP2, this seems to be a bit of a blow to me at the stage.

What can I expect in terms of performance for my mega B3D game?

Thanks for any thoughts or notes on this subject.

IPete2.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#2]
I think there is a workaround to transform a MediaCenterOS into a real XP Prof. (There are only some configs to do during installation)

So it is in fakt a real XP pro with a new frontend and some config stuff.

bye

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#3]
I have that version of windows. Its basically just normal Windows XP but with an all encompasing media application, that you can uninstall...

everything I have ever run on it works, including all my b3d dev stuff (it really is just normal windows xp)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
cool thanks dudes.

IPete2.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#5]
when you install XP MCE it actually installs Pro, then modifies it with info from a second/third disk.

MCE works fine on my laptop. :)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#6]
Cygnus,

Thanks for that - it cameinstalled, but next week I shall have to disable the media centre services from a menu - I have been sent instructions on how to achieve this by Mesh.

I will keep you all informed as to what is going on and how it turns out.

IPete2.