How to make Xbox360 game with BlitzBasic

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How to make Xbox360 game with BlitzBasic

sniper_boy147(Posted 2007) [#1]
How would I use BlitzBasic SDK (C#) to make an xbox360 game?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
The SDK has its own forums just below these ones

As to your question I dont think you would, I think you would get XNA.
(But I am guessing here)

sniper_boy147(Posted 2007) [#3]
Would you combine Blitz C# and XNA together?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
I wouldnt no. If I wanted to do Xbox360 dev, I would get VS c# and xna, and just use them.
Again, Im not 100% sure, but I dont think that the SDK DLL would work on the XBOX 360. My under standing being that the sdk is a windows product.
Best bet is to post in the sdk thread board.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#5]
The XNA framework is not compatibel to DirectX9 and absolutely not to the old DirectX7.

Only the 3d port of XNA and Dx9 are "related" but not compatible.

bye

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#6]
XNA programs compile and run on dx9 computers.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#7]
The question was if it runs on an Xbox360 and the answer is "NO". The "XNA Framework runtime environment for the Xbox 360" that you must install on your Xbox will not run a DX application.

bye

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#8]
XNA programs compile and run on dx9 computers.

I think Abrexxes is talking about SDK's. IE: that XNA is not compatible with the DX9 SDK, let alone the DX7 SDK.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#9]
maby you can do xbox360 game with Blitz3d

But how do you make such good graphic that xbox360 has. And i mean Artist.. not technical stuff :)

H&K(Posted 2007) [#10]
The PC has better graphics than the xbox 360.

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#11]
the xbox360 has better graphics than 99% of the pcs in use worldwide.

a SGI station has a better graphics than an xbox360. Can we develop with B3D for SGI ? -.- (omg)

jm2c

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#12]
The "XNA Framework runtime environment for the Xbox 360" that you must install on your Xbox will not run a DX application.

Well if you were talking specifically about the 360 runtime environment then you should have said so because the statement "The XNA framework is not compatibel(sic) to(sic) DirectX9" is misleading. If sniper_boy147 wants to use C# and XNA without Blitz (as has been suggested) but only has a DX9 computer for development, he can.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#13]
..use XNA framework and once completed put on the screen corner logo 'Powered by Blitz3D'...that will do :)

Wings(Posted 2007) [#14]
You can at least make a blitz3d program work on an Xbox. If you install XP on it.