HideEntity<-->EntityAlpha 0 differencies

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/HideEntity<-->EntityAlpha 0 differencies

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#1]
..well..whats major difference between these commands?? In situation where Im using physics, is it better to use EntityAlpha 0 for objects I wanna hide since they are not visible at the moment, but still have to be physics active, or HideEntity?? EntityAlpha 0 will remove entity from renderer, but still keep it active regarding collisions and in similar sense physics attached to it??

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
whats major difference between these commands

EntityAlpha 0 ; Invisable
HideEndity ; No longer visible, and is no longer involved in collisions

Oh come on Naughty, this is a no brainer. Youve let the side down.

From Manual
An EntityAlpha value of 0 is especially useful as Blitz3D will not render entities with such a value, but will still involve the entities in collision tests. This is unlike HideEntity, which doesn't involve entities in collisions.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
I mean...I know things regarding Blitz manual..but physics involved regarding, im not sure whats going on...I have to work on my occlusion system and this is something im worried about becouse of fact that im not sure how physics(aigea) will behave in case of HideEntity..thats all..

Sir Gak(Posted 2007) [#4]
Well, all I can say is, let's hear the goon-a-goon.wav

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
I have to work on my occlusion system and this is something im worried about becouse of fact that im not sure how physics(aigea) will behave in case of HideEntity..thats all..

Why would Ageia care what you're rendering? It's completely unconnected to physics.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#6]
well..maybe if I have some boxes what have to collide with something and if that something is hidden, boxes will fall when I call physics update...thats whats happen when I used hideentity...entityalpha 0 working fine...thanks for listening my nonsense anyway..

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#7]
I can only assume you're talking about some Blitz wrapper or library based on Ageia, in which case, it kinda really matters which one.