PLZ Help 3d grid.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/PLZ Help 3d grid.

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi all in Blitz land.
The problem i have is (total mind block)
How on earth do i create a 3d grid.
What i mean is front,side,top.
If you are a 3d artist you know what im on about,do i create a bitmap for the grid or use line drawing.I am totaly lost here.Programming is not my forte,3d is.
hopefully u understand.

be well

mark

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2007) [#2]
plz mail is good.If you dont want some one to see code.

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#3]
If I read your question correctly... you want four separate windows? A 2 x 2 grid with different camera angles on the same scene?

There is some source in the code archives if I remember correctly for this.

Basically you want to setup 4 viewports and 4 different cameras.
View 1 is X = 0 min and X = GraphicsWidth() /2 for the Max.
View 2 is X = GraphicsWidth() /2 for min, and X = GraphicsWidth() for the max.
Repeat the steps in Y and two more times for all four windows. Its rather easy. If this is what youre looking for and still dont get it let me know and I'll dig up some code.

Peace,
Scott

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#4]
I won't be much help but please don't write plz on every post and topic you have.

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2007) [#5]
Sorry (Dad)Mortiis
What i mean VErt|g0 is the actual grid you see in the background which you create objects on.

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#6]
Um... you mean just 3 planes on each axis with a grid texture on it? Just make some cubes and scale/position them. Make a texture then use the scaletexture command to repeat it.

Bankie(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yeah, you'll need to be a bit clearer about what you're trying to do if you want some decent help. Not sure if this helps, but if you create a cube, attach a grid texture to it, use FlipMesh to turn it inside out, then scale the cube (ScaleEntity) and texture (ScaleTexture), you'll get 3 visible planes aligned with each other (the 3 remaining planes can't be seen since they're facing away from you).