Blitz runs on Parallels (osx)?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Blitz runs on Parallels (osx)?

Danny(Posted 2007) [#1]
Not the most urgent question, but a client of mine is trying to run my Blitz3D app on an OSX 'machine' using 'Parallels' - a Window emulator for Mac osx.
But it doesn't work :)

Does anyone by any chance have any experience with this?
Or tried this before with either negative or positive results?

Thanks & all the best,
Danny.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#2]
im not sure that emulators will do a job...as for BootCamp installed on my MacBook Pro, its working like a charm...

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#3]
Only thing that strikes me is that B3d is DirectX based, is that available on this OSX machine and does it have a DirectX capable 3D graphics accelerator?

IPete2.

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was able to get blitzbasic to work under Parallels, however, it will not work with blitz3d.. you will get a "Cannot create 3d scene" errors. So as long as your using graphics, and not graphics3d to init the scene then you will be ok. Parallels is simply Virtual Machine software... Its just like using windows Remote Desktop via terminal services... you can get 2d rather very slowly, but 3d doesnt work. 3d will work with open gl somewhat sluggishly however as a side note.

-Scott

altitudems(Posted 2007) [#5]
DirectX 8.0 Emulation is in VMWare Fusion, so in theory you could run 3d apps created in blitz using that.

And by the way CPU virtualization makes virtual machines run at near native speeds now days. It's really nothing like Remote Desktop.

Danny(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yes, it's easy to imagine it's a DX problem.
Parallels does seem to run Doom3 & HalfLife2 - so I'm guessing it supports openGL and or DX9 but not DX7?!

Ok thanks for the info everybody, I'll pass on the info.

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Danny.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#7]
You can still use graphics

Cause graphics3d request Direct3D. and will not start in for example non direct3d env. like Remote Host in windows.