Dx9

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Dx9

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi. I see all this talk about dx9 for blitz 3d but see no fruits for the effort.So how about the blitz3d community together making a directx9 wrapper or .dll for blitz3d,just a thought,be well all

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#2]
well..as i said before..I dont trust to people who came here, and talking about 3 weeks of experiance with C++ and development of DX9 extension for B3D(thats happen already, I forgot name of the guy but it was funny)...all in all pick up something else with DX9 support becouse I doubt B3D will see any..

Nice_But_Dim(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thats why i say community make it.Not wait for someone else
as for 3 weeks no experience you are probably right ,we can`t all be slaves to the chip.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#4]
Well, ones with the knoweldge to write a DX9 wrapper for blitz3d just don't bother to write one and they stick with C++. Personally, I love the Blitz3D as it is with DX7. There is BMax anyway.

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#5]
May be, we have a big surprise if next B3D update come up with DX9.

Cheers,

ala_samodi(Posted 2008) [#6]
hi

Iam one of the guys who came and said he can make such a wrapper for Blitz3D, but I have more than 3 weeks of experiance with C++ and development of DX9(5 years), and Iam working on it hardly and try to optimize it, but the problem is the shaders.

In two weeks, I will put screenshots,(try to put demos).

Note: I don't know how to sell the engine on the internet, or how to protect it(from hacking). please if any one can deal with that, he can contact me to talk.

thanx

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#7]
..:) hehehe..again '2 weeks' from same guy who use to say that last year :)

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
"ala_samodi" - "Uncle puki" here. Do not worry. When it is ready, I'll have the necessary contracts for you to hand this over to me. I'll take care of the sales and distribution.

Zeotrope(Posted 2008) [#9]
Hi All. Just signed up to this site. Nice stuff. (i've lurked for years)

I have been reading these DX9 related posts for sometime now. Naughty Alien makes a great point (no offence ala_samodi) You have stated these promises once or twice before. I understand things sometimes dont go to plan especially when you commit to a deadline.

The complexities of your project must be intense. The objective, if accomplished, may just elevate B3d once again into the indie gaming limelight.

However, my suggestion is this: Put your head down and get a workable version out there. We need a wow factor and fast! Fully document the release. Include all files to get the thing working....and trouble shooting is most important. Installation docmentation is a must.

If you accomplish your goal, it's not a concern if you make it free or not. What is important is that you show that B3D is current and can produce GFX on par with at recent releases (DX10 games not inc.)

(phew)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#10]
Xors3D is almost out..its fully featured DX9 for B3D as well as few other languages..

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#11]
it is especially a fully featured DX9 for BlitzPlus which is indeed better to write editors than Blitz3D + WinBlitz3D ^^

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#12]
ala_samodi

Speak to Tim Fisher he may be able to help with how to protect and sell your product.

Search him out on these forums, send him an email at indiepath.

http://www.indiepath.com/

IPete2.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#13]
I think the main point about writing your own wrapper is stability. I'm sure most people using blitz love it because it's pretty rock solid. To be going for all these years with new tech and drivers coming out is very impressive :o)

Guan(Posted 2008) [#14]
where is the Xors3D?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#15]
www.rubux.net

SabataRH(Posted 2008) [#16]
I see no mention of a Xors3D on that site... Seems to only talk about PhysX.

Pax(Posted 2008) [#17]
hi, you can try on their forum:

http://rubux.net/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,4/func,showcat/catid,9/

(demo download somewhere in there).

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#18]
Xors3D is on bottom part of forums, as well as in download section where you can give it a try..

SabataRH(Posted 2008) [#19]
Ah thanks, nice engine!