LoadAnimSeq - are we sure exactly what it does?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/LoadAnimSeq - are we sure exactly what it does?

puki(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've seen some conflicting info regarding LoadAnimSeq before.

Anyone know for sure exactly what the command does? I'm talking about the mechanics of the command - not its use.

The docs say 'Appends an animation sequence from a file to an entity'. However, that is just telling us what it does - I want to know how it does it.

What is its mechanical operation? Does it purely load animation data - or does it load geometry too - bare in mind it can be used with more than one file-type?

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
In fact, one way to know for sure that it is purely nodes and animation frames being loaded is to run them through Pacemaker first to strip out the geometry. Plus you get a smaller seq file footprint as well (at least for your hard-drive).

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#3]
no geometry loaded...I successfully use it just with exported animated bones data...no mesh exported at all..so obviously, animation data is blended with one already existing in previously loaded character geometry, regarding same bone structure and name convention..