going from 3dsmax8 to .b3d?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/going from 3dsmax8 to .b3d?

Bukky(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hey guys,

What would be the least troublesome way to get an a rigged and animated character out of 3dsmax8 and into a b3d file?

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#2]
b3dpipeline or Unwrap3d. Both have Max8 plugins.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#3]
Bukky,

When using the B3d pipeline you must install the Max 6.0 update for the exporter to work properly in Max 8.0.

Also ensure, you have only one root in the model. Anything you don't want to export, simply hide, the exporter will ignore it. If you are animating a character I strongly suggest that you export a fully skinned and rigged t-pose and then any animations exported as single animation sequnces - separately. Also ensure you have the export settings correctly set for each different type of export. You can use the skin modifier in character studio to set it all up. In load, use loadanimmesh for the tee-pose and loadanimseq for each individual animation.

When attaching the bones to the vertices, ensure you only use upto 4 bones per vetex, 2 is probably the best set up if you have a lot of bones.

Hope this helps get you started.

IPete2.

Bukky(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like b3dpipeline is the way to go.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
B3D Pipeline offers a lot more options, so I'd go with that if you can. It always gave me problems ( almost certainly my own ignorance ) so I always used Ultimate Unwrap, which also works beautifully, albeit without and Blitz3D-specific extentions like Pipeline has.