mmorpg

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/mmorpg

cactus1805(Posted 2007) [#1]
need for help to create a mmorpg game by Blitz3D

cactus1805(Posted 2007) [#2]
Hi every body ^_^
I'm a newbie, so i have no idea for how to make a MMORPG using Blitz3d. Can you help me for that...
I need some tuts or links what tell me how to do that...
I'm verry thanks for your help ^_^

Wings(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi Catus1805

I look forward to test out another RPG game written in blitz3d.

First you need to play some MMRPG. And i mean every one you can find.

Second you shold deside how shall my rpg look like.

third start with learning TCP/IP coding or UDP/IP coding.

I only coded a RPG sens 2004 part time :)
but here is some example of ressults.
www.freeworldonline.com
www.voidrpg.com (Mine)

www.tibia.com (Free mrgp 2d ) not written blitz.

Also check out the Code Archive.. i think Afro did a turorial on MMORGP online.

cactus1805(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi Wings, thanks for your help a lot. Your informations are verry useful for me. In further, if i have any problem, i hope you can help me again ^_^
In fact, if you need me in some thing, if i can, i'm pleasual for help you too.
(i'm Vietnamese,and my English is not good, so i can't write clearly what my mean. but i can unaderstand what you say, once again, thanks for your help ^_^)

smilertoo(Posted 2007) [#5]
wasn't it decided that any newbie who mentioned mmorpg was to be shunned and mocked?

Wings(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks Cactus1805.
Ill be hanging around in this forum for you.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#7]
By the way smilertoo
Iam always looking at topics like net, tcp/ip, mmorpg

Hehe :)

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#8]
Can we have a sticky thread for people wanting to write MMRPG's in Blitz? Something along the lines of: "yes you can write World of Warcraft in Blitz3D, but it will take you the rest of your natural life".

Wings(Posted 2007) [#9]
wow is not a mmorpg its a boring mmorpg :)

cactus1805(Posted 2007) [#10]
hi all. i have a problem to find a software that can create 3d characters in format .3ds or .x easy. I was try the softwares in Toolbox but i couldn't find what i need. is there anyone who can help me.
and, in my country, people play these mmorpg games"
http://www.volam.com.vn or http://www.phongthan.com.vn etc...
if you CAN play them, what do you think about them, may we make another game like that?...

GfK(Posted 2007) [#11]
I guarantee that unless you set your sights much lower, you won't even have Blitz3D installed six months from now.

andy_mc(Posted 2007) [#12]
I'm not saying I don't play them, I just posted on a notehr thread that I just stopped playing WoW after six months, I got to level 61 but it's so repetitive and time consuming I want to do other things in life. It's a good game and other MMRPG's are good too (I've played loads of them). I'm just saying they're huge and take a lot more than a few people to make anything really worthwhile.

Try setting your sights lower and write a simple RPG first, then try getting it networked.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#13]
If you are interested in MMO and using Blitz, I might suggest Realm Crafter.

The RC1 uses Blitz3D for client and BlitzPlus for the server, will offer sources to the client and server and the game editor and might be what you are looking for if you want to have something affordable to start with.

Wings(Posted 2007) [#14]
Well boys i come to the stage i will have to draw a map of voidrpg. I finaly got the tech to put a Giant world. Curently the size is 1024x1024x2 triangles. + all layers.

screen shoot.

Last edited 2013

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#15]
Congrats, Wings. It's always nice to hear that other people are still coding, let along still coding in Blitz3D.

cactus1805(Posted 2007) [#16]
hix, it 's so cool, Wings ^_^. And thank you a lot, Dreamora, RC is a good idea for me now. i'll try it...

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2007) [#17]
This stinks of leg-pulling...