EntityRadius and scaling

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/EntityRadius and scaling

Zingzingzip(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi folks, does anyone know if ScaleEntity() propagates its effects onto the collision radius of child entities?

Specifically, I've got an entity Root. Root has a child entity Child, which is a pivot that has been given an EntityRadius, an EntityType, and has had Collisions() set up.

If I ScaleEntity Root, will the effective EntityRadius of Child be updated too, or will I need to change it myself?

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
I don't think they will scale along. I believe there is a library that can read EntityScale ..
Ah here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=34366

Zingzingzip(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for the answer! Luckily I can recalculate the new radius easily, but it's annoying that I have to manage it manually.

b32(Posted 2007) [#4]
If you're planning to use the library, you could maybe make a function that sets both the radius and the scale at the same time ? Else, if you're not using the EntityNames, you could maybe use that to store the radius.

Zingzingzip(Posted 2007) [#5]
Cheers for the suggestions. Good idea about the EntityName, but I already use that to associate every entity with the handle of a GameObject. I've just had to add the collision radii into that object structure, and make sure that I never call ScaleEntity() directly, only my own wrapper function.