Beta 2 of v1.99 doesn't work with FastText-Unicode

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Beta 2 of v1.99 doesn't work with FastText-Unicode

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#1]
I don't know the reason but when I replace the old dll by the new one and run my game, it reports an error "userlib not found", referring to the commands of FastText Unicode DLL last version created by Mixail...

It's a shame because this library it's really great... It's fast and works properly with unicode, giving your games the possibility of traslation to other languages as russian or japanese..

Mark, could you please solve this bug??

Thanks in advance!

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#2]
use fastimage, works great!

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#3]
yes, but both mixail dlls has different uses... in this case, I would need to have unicode, or at least, I would like..
Good new to know that at least FastImage works well!
however, I would like to know if is it possible to make a version that works with FastText-Unicode.
To me this lib is more useful that fastimage.

regards,

b32(Posted 2007) [#4]
Just a long shot, but where did you save the .dll ? If it is in your userlibs folder, maybe you could copy it to the same dir as your source code ? Or vice versa, as a temp. fix ?

marksibly(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hi,

I haven't touched the userlibs stuff - anyone else having problems like this?

b32(Posted 2007) [#6]
Well, I tried using one of my own userlibs -that shows a messagebox- and that one works okay. However, I tried FastText, and it doesn't work with the new runtime.dll. I get the same error 'userlib not found'. I can't seem to figure out why. If you need it, the fasttext link is here:
http://www.tla.2bhosting.co.uk/download.htm

_33(Posted 2007) [#7]
No problems with fastimage.dll, user32.dll, blitzcpu.dll, or kernel32.dll.

Same error with fasttext.dll : "User lib not found"

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#8]
perhaps he hacked something in to get the support really working and that is now broken.

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#9]
FastText doesn't work with the new runtime.dll now?

There are a lot of people using FastText.

mongia2(Posted 2007) [#10]
beta 2 off 1.99

it is a public?

nazca(Posted 2007) [#11]
I just installed 1.99 and FastText doesn't work for me either :(

nazca(Posted 2007) [#12]
but on a positive note, my game now runs 10-15 fps faster since upgrading! I don't know why, but who cares :)

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#13]
Well that's good. :D

xmlspy(Posted 2007) [#14]
I get the same error with FastText and B3D 1.99

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#15]
FastText doesn't work with the new runtime.dll now?

There are a lot of people using FastText.

And I think a lot of us will be moving back to 1.98. Shame.

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#16]
Doh! :(

Pinete(Posted 2007) [#17]
The thing is in example, making a casual game and preparing the traslation kit in order to give various languages...

The features of v1.99 are needed, remember is a problem not to have a stable app when alt+tab or similar issues...

at the other side, if fasttest doesn't work you don't have the capability of offer various languages based on unicode (russian, chinesse...)

Should be a problem to fix because is an important one..

Regards!

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#18]
"is an important one"

I second that.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2007) [#19]
Use blitz3d v1.99 + bitmap fonts 1.7*2.1 c-size. You have never needed fasttext...

by the way...

you can translate your text in text files and load it as binary data and print in use with the bitmap font.

I think nobody have viewed 2 different language symbols/fonts in one text used ingame.

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#20]
Er.. this problem is fixed.
See http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=68216