Disable render tweening when positioning

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Disable render tweening when positioning

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi Mark,

PLEASE can we have an option on the PositionEntity so that it can not participate in the Render Tween?

Also the ability to unparent and parent without it being moved during the tween

I have tried moving the unparent/parent to prior to the CaptureWorld but still it tweens

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Loads have people has asked for this over the years - COME ON MARK, PLEASE!

Rroff(Posted 2007) [#2]
Seconded

big10p(Posted 2007) [#3]
I've never used render tweening... are you saying it's not possible to move an entity directly from A to B without it getting tweened? If so, that seems ridiculous.

b32(Posted 2007) [#4]
edit: wait a minute .. that's not right .. nevermind

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#5]
@big10p

it's true and makes the awesome render tweening pretty useless :-(

COME ON MARK!

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#6]
I know Resetentity is really for collisions but have you tried using that after positioning.

Never use rendertweening myself but I'm certain this issue has been discussed before and their is a workaround.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#7]
Does CaptureWorld still capture entities even if they're moved when hidden?

Vorderman(Posted 2007) [#8]
Just repos your objects right before the Captureworld command - that completely overrides the render tweening.

I've used it for moving entire landscape sections in single jumps in a program that uses tweening, and it works perfectly OK.

Hujiklo(Posted 2007) [#9]
I had success with entity alpha set to zero as opposed to hiding...but I think this was when creating a new entity and positioning. Worth a try though - set to zero before moving (as well as reset entity of course) and then reset to 1 on arrival - but I bet you've tried everything already.