Textures

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Textures

cash(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have got some reasonably decent models built but have issues with "large" textures.

If I want to add a uniform texture to a large area whats the most effective way. I seem to spend a lot of time rescaling images in PSP then pasting into a larger are for applying to the wall etc.

I know there is a proper way to do this as in MAPLET for example where it tiles the texture. (If thats the right word).

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#2]
scale the UV or use ScaleTexture in Blitz itself

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#3]
I think you mean tiling? When using Scaletexture t,4,1, then the texture will be repeated 4 times on the X axis. This can be applied in Code, or in the B3D model file. An other method is using values other than 0.0 to 1.0 for the UV coords. Since they will be wrapped to 0.0 to 1.0 this will result in tiling as well. For example you would simply take the vertices world coordinates and use it right as UVWs. (unfort. W is not used in blitz) You can get some basic planar UV mapping if you use SQR((x*x)+(z*z)) for U and y for V.

If you don't want to get your hands dirty with coding, you may have to apply planar UV mapping to the model in a propriate tool, such as Lithunwrap or UU3D, etc.