SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7")?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7")?

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#1]
What is exactly return value from SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7")? I need it to feed FastImage's InitDraw(Direct3DDevice7) which is porting to C. Anyone could tell me how to find that value in C?. I'm sure BRL's devteam know it definitely. Thanks so much.

MeowZ

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
It returns a handle to the DirectX 3D device. After Blitz starts the Graphics3D mode, a device is initialized that is capable of rendering 3D. This device is a part of DirectX.
It might not be easy porting it to C. You need to setup a device like this, and then get it's handle.
The type of this device is 'idirect3ddevice7', if you search for it in google, you can find more info on it.
A quick search gave me this page: http://www.programmersheaven.com/2/Introduction-Direct3D
With an example how to create such a device. I didn't try it though.

MeowZ(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi b32,

Thanks for the info, I have tried simple programming for a Direct3D device. However, the pointer handle of the device belongs to the window which initialized it. I have to face the truth that if there is no function like SystemProperty("Direct3DDevice7") in SDK, there is no ways to find that pointer from outside the program. So sad that SDK does not have that function Y_____Y.

Anyone could help?