Quick question..

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Quick question..

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hey, whats the width and height of the standard blitz window? (the one that you get if you don't call graphics)

Vertigo(Posted 2007) [#2]
402 x 302

When one can change that size to anything one wishes, why does one care though? haha just curious.

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hmm, i'm trying to create a window in WB3D like so:

Global RuntimeWindow_hWnd = WB3D_InitializeGUI(SystemProperty("AppHwnd"),WB3D_GadgetWidth(WB3D_DeskTop())/2-400/2,WB3D_GadgetHeight(WB3D_DeskTop())/2-400/2,500,500)
WB3D_HideGadget RuntimeWindow_hWnd
example_window = WB3D_CreateWindow("WB3D_CreateWindow Example",200,100,450,275,0,0)

to create a standard windows window.. i don't like how it flickers, basicly it looks like the command:

"RuntimeWindow_hWnd = WB3D_InitializeGUI(SystemProperty("AppHwnd"),WB3D_GadgetWidth(WB3D_DeskTop())/2-400/2,WB3D_GadgetHeight(WB3D_DeskTop())/2-400/2,500,500)"

Is suppost to InitializeGUI but it creates a window, is there a way to initializeGUI without creating a window?

oh the question was because if theres no way to get rid of the window that command creates, i might as well make it look like the annoying standard startup window that b3d creates.

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#4]
Also does anyone know what the standard styles you get when you enter " 0" as a style?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yahfree, the startup window is native to blitz3d and is visable without calling WB3D_InitializeGUI(). for default styles see SCHNOK.

finaly try this example by filax that patches a blitz3d .exe so the startup screen is not displayed, however i have heard this does not work with some blitz3d updates.

http://www.winblitz3d.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140

kev

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#6]
to be sure, this is what i mean, when you create a program with Wb3d you get these screens

first graphics mode, the annoying standard with blitz3d

second, created with the InitializeGUI()(i think)

3rd (the one i want to keep) the Wb3d window created with wb3d_CreateWindow() function.

if i'm not mistaking the patch will get rid of the first window, but not the second one.

Edit: oh the initialize window i hide with the hide gadget function, but sense its already created it flashs..(bad)

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#7]
Also, if you can answer another quick question:

is this a bug? i was messing about in Wb3d and i noticed this..

i create a windows toolbar like so:

menu = WB3D_WindowMenu(example_window)
file = WB3D_CreateMenu("File",0,menu,0)
edit = WB3D_CreateMenu("Edit",1,menu,0)
ExportFit = WB3D_CreateMenu("ExportFit",2,file,0)
ImportFit = WB3D_CreateMenu("ImportFit",3,file,0)
Undo = WB3D_CreateMenu("Undo",10,edit,0)

the "Undo" createmenu call, should be placed under "Edit" but instead its placed under "Menu" I.E. Creates its own menu..

am i missing somthing? or is this a bug?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yahfree set the sub menu param as true.

menu = WB3D_WindowMenu(RuntimeWindow_hWnd)
file = WB3D_CreateMenu("File",0,menu,0)
edit = WB3D_CreateMenu("Edit",1,menu,True)
ExportFit = WB3D_CreateMenu("ExportFit",2,file,0)
ImportFit = WB3D_CreateMenu("ImportFit",3,file,0)
Undo = WB3D_CreateMenu("Undo",10,edit,0)

kev