WinBlitz3D and its future

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/WinBlitz3D and its future

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello Guys

I regret to announce that winblitz3d will be no longer be supported or developed, i have decided to focus my effots elsewere. however users still wanting support and/or updates i would consider enabling support licence's where by users will still be offerd updates and offical support for a small fee.

if your intrested then please drop a note here, otherwise i consider winblitz3d as almost complete and shall be shelved. sorry if this is not what you wanted but my time is limited and i intended to focus on my other projects.

kev

John Blackledge(Posted 2007) [#2]
Kev, it's understandable that you finally want to draw the line under WB3D.
Even so, it _is_ the definitive gui for anyone writing an editor or 'serious' looking app.

My suggestion would be that you issue one last 'definitive' version, with all your examples included, and people like me could do final stress-testing.

Good luck with whatever you are going on to.

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#3]
I like WB3D, is a very nice tool for making normal applications professional looking, it was perfect for my project.. sad to see it no longer in dev, but it looks very finished to me..

good luck with your future projects.

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#4]
The Pressures on for you now, if you're next project doesn't match up to WB3D, there's going to be bloodbath around here...

Just Joking.... no, seriously, watch out...

Kev(Posted 2007) [#5]
@john. yes i agree im just finalizing the final release v1.1, this will include all code examples ive wrote within the last year.

@Fuller, ouch dont. news on my future project will be available once im close to finished, or feel sure im able to deliver.

kev

Danny(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yes, i totally agree with John;
It's the only gui that can help make a serious editor.

WB3D is a perfectly finished and working product in my eyes.

Thanks, and all the best.-

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#7]
Winblitz3d is the best gui ever and it's really easy to work with.Kev, will you continue to support it from it's forums, I mean if I ask something can I get an answer from you?

Thanks for the best gui bro', take care.

pimpom(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes, thank you very much for making Winblitz3d available. All the best on your new projects :)

JoeGr(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thanks for all your hard work on WinBlitz3D over the years Kev. I agree with others - its pretty much complete anyway so this shouldn't be a cause for despair.

I do have a tiny little request for the final version however. Could we please have the option to NOT have a "Quit? Are you sure?" type window appear when the app is closed?

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#10]
Joe, the Beta 1.1 version does not have this as far as i can tell.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#11]
JoeGr, yes Yahfree's correct beta v1.1 does not use the message anymore. you handle the closing yourself.

@Mortiis, if i have time then yes. however once hosting and domain has run out winblitz3d will be hosted elsewere without support forums this will be around april next year.

kev

JoeGr(Posted 2007) [#12]
Ah, good. Thanks for that. I was just about to ask Yahfree whether he meant that it doesn't have the 'quit' window or that it doesn't have the option of not having a quit window... :)

popcade(Posted 2007) [#13]
It's definitely the BEST GUI for Blitz3D users. hope the final 1.1 version will be the greatest Blitz3D GUI ever.

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#14]
cool, Let us know when you release the final 1.1, if host for it will run out, i'm sure we'd like to get a download when we can, then the community could host it somewhere.

Big thanks for making this a freeware product.