wierd problem when compiling?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/wierd problem when compiling?

Gurra(Posted 2007) [#1]
i am working on a little 3d-game, and i was about to show a friend how far i had come, so i made an executeble and a folder with the exe and all the needed files(3d-models etc.) and zipped it, i tested the exe-file in the new folder many times and it worked perfectly for me. so i sent it over msn, but he sais it doesn't work and that he gets the message "Memory acsess violation". but i have tried to unzip the exact same zip-file but for me, it runs perfectly. i don't get it.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#2]
There are either files that exist on your hard drive that don't on his, or he's trying to run the EXE from the ZIP file without extracting it first.

TheSin(Posted 2007) [#3]
or he's not keeping the file structure when extracting which can cause problems too.

Neochrome(Posted 2007) [#4]
any external dlls?

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#5]
Have you load the files with full path like "C:\Files\File.bmp" ? If so, it is wrong load like "Files\File.bmp"

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#6]
I hate when a friend's like:
"Your stupid game doesn't work, It just gives me a error. Fix your games so they work."

"How 'bout extracting it first?"

"What?"

...But that's off topic,
I would recommend what mortiis said and I've noticed problems with programs like blitzcruncher that will leave out media files.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#7]
Also some mesh files will use full paths of textures. They will be found on your pc, but may be missing on other machines. Tho this won't MAV.

I'd suggest to release a test version in the blitz showcase section and please people to test it.