How to create images on desktop

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/How to create images on desktop

sniper_boy147(Posted 2007) [#1]
Please, someone tell me how the heck to put images on the desktop.

degac(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1185

Maybe this could be useful

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2007) [#3]
You can only do it on blitz plus using DesktopBuffer().
I think... :D

Ching(Posted 2007) [#4]
If you just want an image on the desktop do it through windows.
Right click on the desktop, select properties. then background and browse for the image you want.
Maybe I dont understand your question. lol.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
Kip so far is the only one who has answered the question. The other two have just told how to change the wallpaper. That is no where near what sniper_boy147 is asking. Or maybe sniper_boy147 isn't being specific.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#6]
Kip so far is the only one who has answered the question.
Except he was wrong.
The other two have just told how to change the wallpaper.
Degac's answer is what I would have posted.
That is no where near what sniper_boy147 is asking. Or maybe sniper_boy147 isn't being specific.
Let me get this straight - you've marched in here and had a go at everybody for not giving the right answer, yet in the same breath you admit you don't even know what the question is?

Your answer to this thread is even more useless than Kip's. Just like mine is.

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#7]
Mine's more useless.

Horsepaper.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#8]
I think he want to draw directly to the desktop. THis isn't posible, but there's a trick to do as if you could do that:

First capture the desktop as an image. THere are two methods in the code archive, one is a little slower, but more compatible. If you once got the desktop image, gather the desktop resolution useing system metrics (actually you need to get the size before you capture the image :), but anyhow...). THen switch to fullscreen in this resolution and continously draw the desktop image to the screen, plus your images onto.

You may also use Showwindow hwnd,0 to hide the blitz window before you capture the desktop.

IT's a good exercice to learn about simple win api useribs calls.

Note with this trick the desktop is no longer active! It's only fake!

sniper_boy147(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thanks anyway for your posts, I think i'll go with Kips idea that you can only do it on blitz plus.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#10]
Thanks anyway for your posts, I think i'll go with Kips idea that you can only do it on blitz plus.

Ha. =)

b32(Posted 2007) [#11]
You can load images and draw them onto the desktop with api calls. You need to supply an .bmp image name and use the userlib decls at the bottom of the code: