unnamed game test 2 + questions

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/unnamed game test 2 + questions

Kev(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi Guys.

heres the (hopefully) final demo of my game, please test and report your fps and system spec. any comments are more than welcome :)

this post is a follow up from this one, for thoses intrested.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69947

a screen grab

and the demo example
Download

now the questions :)

im looking for free\cheap shadow library, partilcle library and any users here that do cheap model & textures & music/soundfx.

kev

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#2]
Question: How (in broad terms) did you do the sphere physics? I've been trying to achieve this for a while now without word-for-word copying code from the code archives, and not succeeding.

WendellM(Posted 2007) [#3]
The demo runs at steady 60 FPS with only very rare 59 or 61 in both XP and 98 (specs in sig). Pressing spacebar several times to fill up the board didn't change that.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
I still love SSwift's shadow system, despite the newcomers. I'm also a big fan of ParticleCandy, though Noel had a cool particle system around too, but I'm not sure if he still distributes or even had it now.

degac(Posted 2007) [#5]
75 FPS
Athlon64 3500, Geforce 6600gt, WinXp sp2, 1gb ram

I'm missed the game goal...sorry can you explain what I must do?

Kev(Posted 2007) [#6]
@Buggy, using the below code by rob was starting point to do the sphere physics.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=255

thanks WendellM, Gabriel i will take a look at both thanks.

and finaly degac, the above example does not contain a goal other than to determine how the engine preforms on a range of pcs.

though the game idea for the final game will be based on each collectable item on the board having different point values, you try and get the highest score while moving on tiles that contain the lowest value collectable items. being that those will be the ones that drop, with collectable items also contining a twist to your gameplay. all this while under a time limit.

kev

Buggy(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks.

And, of course, good luck with your game.