Rob's and Halo's Normal Map Demos - where to get?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Rob's and Halo's Normal Map Demos - where to get?

Kryzon(Posted 2007) [#1]
Greetings everyone :)

I was looking at some old threads and I came to realize about some "Normal Map demos", one made by the user Rob, and the other one by Halo.

I don't seem to be able to find them (though using Google and the Search engine here) , and i was wondering if somebody could guide me to somewhere I could download them.

Thanks in advance.

Cya :)

Kryzon(Posted 2007) [#2]
I've read that Rob's demo was on his signature, but it isn't anymore, so, does anybody know where i can find it?

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#3]
Did you find these? If not does anyone else have them?

DQ(Posted 2007) [#4]
i've got it on my home pc, i'll post it when i get off work.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#5]

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#6]
It appears DQ never got home!! =O

Robert Cummings(Posted 2009) [#7]
Oh I lost my demos ages ago - I use a mac now... If anyone has them feel free to host or upload - its all open source with no licensing restrictions for blitz users to use how they see fit.

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#8]
wow that was a little late :)

edit - oops didnt see your post kryzon
just email DQ his email's on his profile

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#9]
Here : http://www.zinfo972.net/avatar/normaldemo.RAR

JP

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#10]
I was also wondering if anybody had the demo that was published in this thread:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=39353

The demo is from MSW, and shows how you can use a 12x2 pixels cubemap to simulate light with Dot3 blending mode.

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#11]
Pardon my ignorance, but is it on the Blitz Mirror site somewhere?

I don't know enough to know if the "Cubic environment mapped (CEM) water with underwater distortion" demo of Rob's on that site is what you're looking for, is all.

Either way...

Ross C(Posted 2009) [#12]
That demo from MSW is an excellent way to give yourself a lightsource, and keep the normals updating themselves. Since a cubemap displays the appropriate part of the texture, for a specific normal, the colour is always correct to give the correct lighting direction.

You can change the lightsource as well, if you rotate the cubemap. That involves 6 renders (i think you can get away with the 3 visible sides though).

Kryzon(Posted 2009) [#13]
And you wouldn't happen to have it Ross, would ya?

MikhailV(Posted 2009) [#14]
@Ross C: More simply use SetCubeAlign function (from FastExt) for rotate the cubemap without any additional renders.