SurfacePickmode() ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/SurfacePickmode() ?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#1]
From time to time I think SurfacePickmode would be useful, is there a way to do that, other than seperating a surface from the mesh? I know I can use LoadAnimMesh and then access the surfaces as children. But I'd like to know if there's a way to do the same with static meshes.

Stevie G(Posted 2007) [#2]
I agree that it'd be a handy feature. As pickmode is on a per entity basis it's not possible unless you create a new mesh from that surface.

Pepsi(Posted 2007) [#3]
Wouldn't PickedSurface ( ) return the surface that you are picking from a static mesh that has multiple surfaces? I mean a mesh is created with one or more surfaces so a pick routine would have to pick an entity(mesh) first to then find the surface the pick is picking... right?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yes, that's right and that's also the reason why it would be useful to exclude some surfaces. Tho you'd first have to use the tricky surface "whois" first. I really got to do some speed tests, if LoadAnmMesh doesn't renderstatic meshes slower than LoadMEsh, then there' s reason for not using it always.
testing...

Pepsi(Posted 2007) [#5]
Ah, I see what you want now. Interesting topic.

edit: StevieG is right, I cant think of any other solution without recreating a new mesh from a surface.