Debugger question

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Debugger question

Farflame(Posted 2007) [#1]
It's been such a long time since I did this that I've forgotten...... am I right in saying that if my program freezes whilst I have the debugger on, I can somehow view which line it's stuck on? Or at least, which loop is repeating or whatever?

Matty(Posted 2007) [#2]
If your program is stuck in an infinite loop I don't think there is anything you can do with the debugger.

However if it crashes or comes across a 'stop' command then it will show the line that the stop or crash came on, in the case of a 'stop' you can then step through the code.

It also shows you the value of any local and global variables and types.

Jasu(Posted 2007) [#3]
Jump out of the program with alt+tab and if debugger is on, program execution freezes and debugger window shows the line of code it was executing. This has been so with all the programs I've been working on.

Farflame(Posted 2007) [#4]
Ahh thanks Jasu, that's what I was looking for :)

Farflame(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hmm that doesn't work unfortunately, and I can't break the execution. Looks like I'm going to have to do it the old way with a messagelog and a few stop commands :(

Jasu(Posted 2007) [#6]
That's strange, because I'm pretty sure it works for me. Are any of the buttons in debugger window active (pressable)? Try pressing them.