Ragdoll and Physics?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Programming/Ragdoll and Physics?

Chroma(Posted 2007) [#1]
So did we ever get a good ragdoll and cheap physics system going for B3D?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#2]
yes. i am currently developing a ragdoll model with physics (newton) for my game. there are lots of physic wrappers around, choose the one you like and go for it ;)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yes, it's not too difficult to create your own given the number of available physics wrappers for Blitz3D. The biggest problem with most of these systems is that the joint axis and limits for each model need to be either hard-coded within the program code or read from a data file which can be tedious.
I am developing a physics/rag-doll management library for PaceMaker users. This allows you to easily set up and test joint axis/limits in the gui and then export these settings with the model in the same .b3d file.
The library contains a parser to read these values directly from the exported .b3d and then create the rag-doll on demand when the model is killed etc.
The rag-doll is created using the actual current rotation and position of the joints but still respecting the limits so the transition from the animated frame to the physics frame is smooth and natural.